Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Computer

I finally finished my new computer and I must say, it is certainly an upgrade. Many people are using equipment that was new four years ago, and not long ago I was one of them. I noticed an incredible difference with my new hardware. To sum things up...

There is something magical about being able to install Oblivion and Supreme Commander at the same time as listening to music, surfing the internet, and archiving files.

Specs...

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (3ghz dualcore, overclocked)
2 GB DDR2 RAM (dualchannel, PC6400)
2-320 GB SATAII Hard Drives, in Raid striped
1-250 GB SATA Hard Drive
DVD Burner (+/-, dual-layer, DVD-RAM support) (SATA)
DVD Reader (SATA)
X-Fi Sound Blaster audio card
XFX GeForce 8500 GT graphics card (overclocked)
22" Widescreen LCD Monitor
5.1 Surround Speakers

In summary... w00t!

Splendid-Tastic(R) Quote:

Doctor: She appears to have lost her will to live.
Husband: Isn't there anything you can do?
Doctor: I'm sorry. Will-to-live donors are few and far between.

No comments: